Shortieweb

Official website of the Cosy Corner, Dedicated to those who love Alykanas & Alykes

Forums

Forum Home > Bars & Resaurants > How busy in July / August??

John_in_Essex

Looking for some advice from people with experience of holidaying in July / August.

Last year we were over last 2 weeks of June & eating in any restaurant was never a problem, there were always plenty of free tables everywhere. As it was our first visit I dont know if trade was slow because of the economic downturn, not yet being high season or a mixture of things. We usually went out 7:30 - 8:00 for dinner.

Are restaurants a  lot busier later in the season? Obviously theres more people about, but seemed to me last year there was a lot of spare capacity.

--

April 18, 2010 at 5:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

shortie
Administrator

Shouldn't be a problem John. It was a little busier but most restaurants can cope with it. We only had table problems on Sundays for the roast, but that can happen any time of the season.

Maybe the Paradisiako might get booked with the Greeks on holiday but most others ok.

--

Sun, Food & Music

April 22, 2010 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul

We stayed in Alykanas ( whitehouse apts ) last week in august first week in september 2009. although it was busy , we never had any trouble getting a table in any of the many resteraunts available, we usually ate out between 08:00 pm and 09:00 pm. back again this year 2010 , to eat at the resteraunts we missed last year. hope this helps

June 24, 2010 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul

any news on the venus apts anyone ?

June 24, 2010 at 3:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

shortie
Administrator

Paul at June 24, 2010 at 3:15 PM

any news on the venus apts anyone ?

What would you like to know Paul. Can I help?

--

Sun, Food & Music

June 25, 2010 at 4:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul

Hi Shortie...... can find many reviews on the Venus Apts ..... just like to know what rooms are like , price of air con , last year we took a taxi from the airport and we arrived a couple of hours early , we had to wait for our room at the Whitehouse which was no problem at all as it enabled me to try my first ever mythos , quickly followed by 4 more ..... so do we arrive with evryone else , or shall we take a taxi ride again ? whats in the room ie untensils , t.v ( not that important ) hot water inabundance , are the owners nice ?

June 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.